This process works differently, depending on which model of Apple TV you own.
How can I tell which Apple TV model I own?
Apple TV (3rd gen)
This model comes with a small silver remote and there is no way to add apps to it.
Latest Apple TV (4th gen)
This model comes with a remote that has a trackpad on the top part, and has access to Apple's app store.
Apple TV (3rd gen) route
While purchasing your subscription through your Apple TV, you will need to:
- Register or sign in on https://www.tastemade.com.
- After you registered or signed in, go to https://www.tastemade.com/activate.
- Purchase the subscription through your Apple TV, and enter the activation code shown your TV on the https://www.tastemade.com/activate page.
Apple TV (4th gen) route
- Create an account on www.tastemade.com. It is very important that you use the same email address associated with your iTunes account.
- On your Apple TV, to go the Tastemade app.
- In the Tastemade app, go to Settings > Activate Device. This should display a code on the screen.
- On the computer, go to www.tastemade.com/activate. Enter the code shown on the TV screen, then click on the Activate button.
- On your TV, click on the Activate button at the bottom of the screen.